Monday, November 14, 2005

Glazed rutabaga (the return!)

Just a word to say that I improved on a recipe I discussed on my blog a few weeks ago (link).

This time, I simply cooked them in water and 'glazed' them in honey, butter and some of the cooking water. Of course, this mixture was not exactly a glaze, it was too thin and not sweet enough to stick to the vegetable, but after thickening it with starch it became thick enough to coat the turnips. Of course, calling this glazed rutabaga is not appropriate since I used a liquid that was more like a sauce than a glaze...

I feel this version is better then my first one in part because I can control the amount of sugar (honey) in my sauce and also because of the delectable creaminess of the sauce. A last note, I added some cinnamon, clove and nutmeg to this sauce; tiny amounts, hardly detectable, but I believe they helped adding a different dimension to the dish.

1 comment:

MagicTofu said...

I just realized that I didn't leave an email address for people to contact me... So here it is:

magictofu (at) gmail.com

Hope this helps anyone who wish to contact me.

Cheers