Thursday, December 01, 2005

Pizza dough + Pizza sauce + Toppings + Cheese = Pizza!

We had some leftover pepperoni and mozzarella cheese in the freezer from a previous pizza party. Since I feel like cleaning the freezer these days, I am trying to reduce its content as much as I can and yesterday I felt the cheese and pepperoni had to go. I'm not a bit fan of pepperoni but sometimes I have a strong desire for the type of pizza I had so often as a teenager. Yesterday was one of these days. I quickly made dough using different types of flour that I had at hand in the kitchen and prepared a sauce using a can of tomatoes, a can of tomato paste, a few cloves of garlic and a handful of dried oregano. I finished my sauce by adding a pinch of salt, a pinch of sugar, some hot sauce and a few drops of vinegar in order to balance the seasoning.

Then my partner joined me and the kitchen and each of us made our own pizza. My partner added a mountain of pepperoni and just a little bit of cheese along with onions, bell pepper and mushrooms. As for myself, I layered just little bit of pepperoni, lots of cheese, about the same vegetables and added tomatoes and olives.

The result was alright. I feel the crust was too thick in the center and not enough at the edge and that it didn't raise properly. Otherwise... it was pizza... pretty much the same kind we get at the local pizza joints. Nothing very good, nothing fancy but filling... exactly what I appreciated during my teen years.

No comments: