Saturday, November 12, 2005

Another of my favourite omelet (herbs)

I know I'm repeating myself but I LOVE eggs. There is nothing more satisfying to me than one hard boiled egg when I'm hungry.

To satisfy my never ending crave for eggs, I cooked myself one of my favourite omelet recipe today for brunch. It is extremely simple... all you need is to chop some of your favourite herbs (in this case thyme and parsley) and add it to your eggs. You whisk a little bit, add some cream or milk and cook in a little bit of olive oil on medium-low heat. As it cooks, you gently push the eggs so that the remaining liquid find its way to the bottom of the pan... this is, in my opinion, a very important technique to learn to cook the perfect omelet. I like my omelet to be just a little bit runny so I am always making sure that the top is just barely cooked before serving.

If you look at the picture, you'll see that I failed at my attempt to make that classic three fold omelet shape but it was still very good. When I look at the plate now I think a salad is missing... you got to eat your veggies! Well... next time.

No comments: