Sunday, May 20, 2007

The part I did not show

On my last post, I kept quiet on the fact that only one of the plates looked they way it was intended to look like. I completely failed to unmold one of my flan. I learned a valuable lesson: placing a plate on top of the mold and shaking the whole thing will only create disasters when dealing with delicate food items. To unmold properly, you have to use a sharp object to free the flan from the sides and gently let some air get to the bottom of the mold otherwise the suction will simply be too strong and the flan will break in pieces. A hard learned lesson... particularly considering the fact that I was stressed by the outcome of my food that night!

It still tasted very good and at least my partner had a nice dish in front of her.

No comments: